Rusty Spokes® was founded in 1997 in San Diego, CA by David Morrow, president and founder
- He had been restoring and selling vintage bicycles for most of the time, (1997 -- 2001) but had started selling new cruiser bicycles
- In 2003, he went to a trade show in Las Vegas, (Interbike)
- After sitting on Mountain bikes and Cruisers, he noticed the difference in the feel, Cruisers had no rear suspension.
- David thought about that for a while and decided he could and would make a cruiser with rear suspension.
- He personally made 6 prototype chopper bicycles. In his store. The response was amazing.
- Building bikes by hand was a tedious and expensive proposition.
- In 2005, he went to a trade show in Las Vegas, (Interbike) in search of a bicycle manufacturer.
- He went to China and had 3 of his prototype bikes built in mass quantities.
- A year and a half later, he incorporated a 4th bike. Six more followed shortly after.
- He now has a total of 10 Softcruise® bicycle designs.
- Three of the designs are being sold at 20 locations in the Southern California area.
- His company has been voted the Number 1 bike company in San Diego for the last 5 years. (2011-2016) by the readers of a local publication, Beach Bay Press (40,000 readers). His business has escalated to the point he currently does not have a brick and mortar store front
- He invented and manufactures the Softcruise® bicycle line. The 1st and only rear suspension cruiser in the world
- Mr. Morrow has 10 patents and 4 trademarks, all pertaining to bicycles